There have been several research studies done in the past to determine if video games are affecting the children that are playing them, but none of these studies have been proven what they initially set out to prove until now.For the past nine years the National Institute of Media and Family have been conducting research studies to find out how video games are influencing the children that are playing them. The results of these research studies have been extremely shocking, but it these results have been well documented as well. Parents and adults alike need to be well aware of the results of these research findings so that they can make their very own conclusion.Through all the research studies that have been completed it is no wonder that parents are getting mixed feelings about how video games are affecting their children. These video games have an industry rating that are suppose to warn parents about the content included within them, but do these ratings tell parents everything that they really need to know about these video games. All the video game industry is telling parents is to pay close attention to the ratings, but they deny any type of harmful effects the video games themselves may have on children.Brain research studies have shown that violent video games can actually activate the anger center within a child’s brain, which can affect the behavior of the child. These research studies have even shown that while the child is playing video games their brain can grow in spurts that will actually affect the impact of wiring of the child’s brain. This wiring affects the child’s self-control, relationships, and responsibilities that may affect them way up into their adulthood.This does not mean that every single child that plays a violent video game will have aggressive behavior, but it does mean that these games can affect their behavior. The results of these research studies show that video games can teach children skills, but they also show that these video games will affect the behavior as well. It can be said that video games are simply natural teachers simply because they are so powerful due to the fact that children are finding them stimulating and motivating. Video games offer children the repeated practice at necessary problem solving skills and they provide the children with rewards for the achievement in these successful skills.Violence in video games is considered to be when the characters within the video game are intentionally harm other characters. The results of these research studies have shown that playing violent video games can lead to increased physiological arousal, increased aggressive thoughts, feelings, and behaviors, and a decrease in social helping behaviors. These research studies also proved that there was a direct relationship between long-term game play and aggressive behavior toward the real world, and that these aggressive behaviors are being demonstrated by children subtly.Parents have an even more important role to play with their children that are playing these violent video games by limited the amount of time their children are allowed to play. Parents also need to pay closer attention to the industry ratings that are given on video games so ensure they understand the content within these video games. Parents need to realize that when children play violent video games for hours every day, then their child pay start showing a decrease in school performance as well as the feared increase in aggressive behavior.
With the average video game console costing upright to the 300 dollar level and each game average about 60 dollar, its easy to see why people are going to rent instead of buying games. There are definitely pros and cons in renting video games and I will list them here for your consideration, because at the end, you are the customer and you have the right to choose. Now on to the Pros of video game rentals:Pros:
– Many online video rentals offer tons of new games, even those titles that have just been released.
– Deliveries are always fast, usually a bit within a week of your order.
– There are usually no late fees for any games and all can be kept for as long as you like.
– After a few months, used games are offer to the players or renter for a discount price, which is much cheaper than how much you would pay at any video game storefront or retail store location.
– There are always good customer services to help with your problem, any problem with the shipping of your games or just a problem with the game itself.
– Membership is much cheaper than what you would expect to pay from a regular storefront rental store.
– Some online rental stores even offer instruction, review and cheats for your gaming pleasure.
– Rebates and special offers are always being offer by online rental sites.And now prepare for the Cons:- If you are not a regular gamer and don’t usually rent more than 1-2 games a month, then you could be wasting your money, so just make sure you know how many games you’ll be able to rent for a month before signing up. You might even consider a month to month contract plan if you are busy during certain time of the year.- Some sites charge you a fee even if you do not rent any games, make good use of your membership or else even a good discount contract won’t save you much.- The wait time for a video game to come through is sometimes too long for some people, If you suddenly have the urge to play a game, you might have to wait up to 3 days for the online rental game to come but it is a different story with storefront rentals.So here we have it, the pros and cons of video game rentals, and if you have decided to go on and try online video game rental service, here are a few tips–Find a rental site that offer the game for your specific console, not all rental site offer games for all consoles.
-Each plans for these rental site is different, consider how much free time you have before choosing a plan because that could possibly save you a lot of money in the end.
-Before finally choosing a rental site, check if they have free trials, if they do, that’s great! and it’ll allow you to have a feel on how long the shipping time is.